In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Dan Iten are joined by Dr. Warren Bird, author, writer, and researcher of churches. During this conversation, they discuss Dr. Bird’s new research titled “The New Faces of Church Planting and Multisiting”
1) The future will be…more evangelistic.
- 97% said they started their new church to reach people with Jesus’ gospel
2) The future will be…more multiracial.
- If you want your church, if you believe God wants your church, to look like Revelation 5:9 where every tongue, every tribe, every people, every nation is worshiping together, praising the name of Jesus, then it’s a matter of intentionality at every size church, every race of leader, every different type of neighborhood, is able to develop a multiracial church.
3) The future will have…more mergers and restarts.
- Of church planters who end up with a building, one in five got their building through a church rebirthing, merging or restarting under them.
- Of multisite churches, 41% of their campuses came by way of merger.
4) The Future will have…multiplication.
5) The future will have…financial collaboration.
- Where the vision is – money follows. Where the spiritual fruit is, the money lines up.
- When people see life changes happen because of their finance, they find ways to give more money because it thrills them.
6) The future will be…more resilient.