In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Chandler Vannoy are joined by Ken Costa, a London-based banker, author, and speaker. They discuss the following questions:
- How does this coronavirus crisis compare to others in the past?
- How should leaders be using this time to grow personally as a leader and in their relationship with Christ
- What advice would you share with pastors to be prepared financially for what is next?
- What does good leadership look like in crisis?
- How would you advise leaders to improve in their flexibility and decision making?
“There is nothing ordinary about where we are at the moment.”
“There is an opportunity for the moment for people to stop and reflect.”
“This whole nature of what is ordinary has never been able to be examined in the stripped down way in which we’ve been forced to examine it now.”
“Wherever God finds you and me, He calls us to that place.”
“This is the moment to be self-investing.”
“Don’t forget that your credit card is theology in numbers.”
“The most difficult thing for anyone at the moment is that the horizons are being expanded in fear constantly.”
“We’ve never been in a place like this, but I honestly think it is God’s way of saying I want to draw you back to being an integrated person.”
“The crisis leader has to be flexible to change as the circumstances change.”
This episode’s sponsor: For more than 25 years, Portable Church® has helped thousands of churches launch strong and thrive in a mobile setting. They design custom solutions that fit each budget, vision, and venue. Everything you need to launch a mobile church — an inviting worship space, kids ministry areas, welcome spaces, storage cases, etc — all in a system refined to make it fast, easy & fun for the weekly volunteer teams.