In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Chandler Vannoy are joined by Brad Lomenick, past Catalyst leader and author of H3 Leadership and The Catalyst Leader. They discuss the following questions:
- Who or what has been the greatest leadership influence in your life?
- What is your favorite leadership failure story?
- What book would you gift yourself as a young leader?
- If you could teach a course on any topic, what would it be?
- What advice would you give a student about the real world of leadership and ministry? What common things should they ignore?
“Networking is all about you, connecting is all about others.”
“As a connector, my job is to put people together and let the power of the connection be built between them.”
“The person of Jesus and the people of the Scriptures I think are true connectors.”
“If you are a leader, a parent, or train horses, there are so many similarities.”
“You need to be aware of your passions, but you have to combine strengths and passions with an undergirding of the Holy Spirit.”
“This whole premise that we can do anything in life is true, but is it biblical or smart?”
“The reason I ended up doing the things I’ve done is because of the people I was around.”
“Figure out whatever your area of deficiency is and lean into that.”
This episode’s sponsor: For more than 25 years, Portable Church® has helped thousands of churches launch strong and thrive in a mobile setting. They design custom solutions that fit each budget, vision, and venue. Everything you need to launch a mobile church — an inviting worship space, kids ministry areas, welcome spaces, storage cases, etc — all in a system refined to make it fast, easy & fun for the weekly volunteer teams.