In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Daniel Im are joined by J.D. Greear, pastor of The Summit Church, the 62nd president of the Southern Baptist Convention, and cohost of the Ask Me Anything Podcast. During their conversation, they discuss the following questions:
- Why did you start the Ask Me Anything podcast?
- What’s been your favorite episode so far?
- How do you decide what to talk about?
- In hosting your own podcast, what have you learned about yourself through the process?
- What’s the main point of emphasis with your team at The Summit?
- What are some books you’ve read recently that you would recommend?
“One well answered question can do as much as a sermon does because you are applying the gospel and biblical truth to a place that people need it.”
“At the end of the day I’m called to pastor regular people.”
“You have to learn to be sober about your own gifts and wiring.”
“I love being able to delve into people’s questions and I love being able to teach God’s Word.”
“We want to see 500 professions of faith this year.”
“I find the Spirit of God works best in my life through other brothers and sisters when we get in a room and talk about what God is doing in our lives.”
“My first ministry responsibility is to my church that God has given me.”
“One of my life goals is to do meaningful work with awesome people.”
“The bigger my audience my got the more complex my life became.”
“Realize that your quality of life is going to be determined by those people that you are around.”