In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Daniel Im are joined by Emerson Eggerichs, the president of Love and Respect Ministries and author of the new book Before You Hit Send. During their conversation, they discuss email and answer the following questions.
- Why do people hate email?
- The framework you give is: is it true, kind, necessary, clear. How do these filters help keep you from sending emails you’ll regret and being the bane of someone’s inbox?
- What are some best practices when handling email?
- How do you respond when you send or receive a thoughtless email?
- What are some of the worst #EmailFails you have ever witnessed?
“We are all in the maturation process.”
“We are all just beggars pointing other beggars to where the bread is.”
“A lot of leadership is learning in front of people.”
“We are seeking to emoticon ourselves through life.”
“We need to think be thinking before we are speaking.”
“Everything we communicate through media is permanent. You can’t remove it.”
“Savvy people will outperform savvy policy every day of the week.”
“You can say 5 positive things in an email and 1 negative thing, and they are going to fixate on the negative.”
“Everything we say now is leaving a digital footprint.”
“Email is a cheap message to send, but it is has a high cost after you send it.”
Before You Hit Send by Emerson Eggerichs