Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 38:35 — 53.1MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Daniel Im are joined by Will Heath, a Lead Navigator for Auxano and specializes in leadership transition. During this conversation, they discuss how to plan for succession, the barriers involved, and how a volunteer in your church can plan for succession as well.
- What are the most significant barriers for succession planning in the church?
- What are some best practices to ensure that succession goes well?
- What are good timelines for different kinds of succession?
- What does succession look like at other ministry levels?
- How do I bring up the topic of succession to my pastor?
“In succession planning, the language we use absolutely matters.”
“When leaders sit around the table, they need to be honest and be courageous.”
“When it comes to succession, you have to do more than stick a name in an envelope.”
“Succession happens most at the volunteer level of the church.”
“Succession is personal long before it is tactical.”
Free Preview: Succession Planning Video Library
Pipeline: Succession at Every Level booklet