In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Chandler Vannoy and Todd Adkins are joined by Scott McConnell. McConnell is the executive director of LifeWay Research. They continue a discussion on research all about pastors and the greatest needs of pastors, including the following questions:
- What is the pastors survey?
- What are the top concerns from this research when it comes to the job of the pastor?
- What does it mean to force rank these areas?
- Do you have any idea what lies beneath some of these larger concerns?
- What tools are there for pastors to gauge the health of their congregations?
- What encouragement does a pastor need to hear based on the research?
“Some of the top needs for the pastor are the ministry side. When they are thinking about what they need to give attention to, they are often thinking about the church.”
“Within ministry difficulties, a quarter of pastors indicated fostering connections with unchurched people as their number one ministry difficulty. Another quarter said developing leaders and volunteers, and right behind that is training current leaders and volunteers.”
“One of the things that churches have gotten out of the habit of doing is talking about evangelism.”
“Half of Americans are curious as to why some people are so devoted to their faith.”