In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Chandler Vannoy are joined by Tami Heim, President/CEO of Christian Leadership Alliance. They discuss the following questions:
- What are some of the trends you think we are experiencing now? And how do we look ahead to the future about leading in an innovative way?
- What have you learned about technology disruption and what would you say to leaders so they don’t view it in fear but as how we leverage it instead?
- Who or what has been the greatest leadership influence in your life?
- How did you feel that God refined your ambition and made it honoring in Him while also wanting to lead out?
- What advice would you share with someone who is trying to take risks but is scared of failure?
“There is the timeless truth of God’s Word and then there is our ability to adapt to the containers that now allow that wisdom to transfer so that it can be received and timely and relevant for future and current generations to build and innovate around.”
“The leaders who more quickly got to acknowledging their lack of control, surrendering the situation completely to God, have moved faster.”
“When I look back on 2020, God brought me to the place where I surrendered any dependency I had on my own competencies.”
“How do we constantly think about not staying in business as usual, but how do we think innovatively and go to breakthrough and not have pain and crisis bring us there?”
“People are looking for trusted resources to be the wise guide and to aggregate what matters most.”
“The ease for someone to get to something, the less friction experienced, is important.”
“God didn’t take me out of everything that He had equipped me for.”
“I began to study the life of Christ, not only as my Savior, Redeemer, and Lord, but as my leadership model.”
“When we try hard to stay true and follow Jesus and depend on Him, then He moves you along.”
“When the doors opened, it threw me into a new level of dependency on God.”
“This is a time that has been entrusted to us as leaders, so don’t fear the time that God has called you to, because He has a place for you in His master redemption plan.”