In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Ben Mandrell are joined by Dave Ferguson and Jon Ferguson, authors of B.L.E.S.S., Exponential and Finding Your Way Back to God. They discuss the following questions:
- What is your current context?
- What is the message of your new book B.L.E.S.S.?
- Explain what B.L.E.S.S. stands for
- What book do you wish someone had given you as a young leader?
- What mistakes have you made as a leader?
- What has it been like to stay emotionally healthy through COVID?
- Who or what has been the greatest leadership influence in your life?
“Community and connection is the commodity because we have been so isolated.”
“Anybody who has given their life to Jesus and is compelled by what has happened in their life can in turn begin to bless the people and places around them in everyday ways that could actually lead somebody to Jesus.”
“If you can create an outreach culture around this relational style of evangelism, that’s the game changer.”
“Unfortunately, Christians are becoming much more known for talking than listening.”
“One of the greatest gifts we can give to anybody is to simply listen.”
“This is like a remedial course in how to be friends with somebody.”
“Here are some steps you can take to be a friend and then when the opportunity arises tell them your story. Tell them the difference Jesus has made in your life.”
“For most leaders, what happens is we drift and we suddenly find ourselves somewhere we didn’t mean to be at all.”
“As a pretty aggressive leader, you have a fifth gear you can put it in, and I had a point this summer when I couldn’t find fifth gear.”