Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 42:09 — 58.0MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Chandler Vannoy are joined by Ron Edmondson, Intentional Interim Pastor at First Baptist Clarksville, former president of Leadership Network, and host of the Ron Edmondson Leadership Podcast. They discuss the following questions:
- What is an intentional interim?
- How have you navigated making changes during this season?
- How do you help a church get a healthy church culture through the pastoral search process?
- Steps for starting a search committee and picking the members?
- Once a committee is formed, how do you lead a search committee?
- How much should the previous pastor or an interim pastor help in the search process?
- What are some practical steps to take once that potential candidate has been chosen?
- For a pastor who is the potential candidate, what advice would you share?
- What have been some challenges that you have had to navigate during this pastoral search process?
“I’m here with an intentionality to help the church be ready for its next pastor.”
“I spent the first month or so creating my big bucket list. I am looking for the big items that need to be changed so the church can move forward in a healthy way in the years to come.”
“The church wants a pastor, especially a church that has been without a pastor for a couple of years, and they are often willing to change a little bit, more than they normally would, because of that.”
“Look for godly people who can remain unified throughout the process.”
“The previous pastor probably needs to be involved less, because churches typically go a different direction when they pick the next pastor.”
“Think on behalf of the potential candidate and their family. Treat them well.”
“Life’s too short and the kingdom is too important to not vet it and make sure this is the right place for you.”
“Include the spouse and give them the freedom to ask their own questions.”
“It’s kind of like speed dating because you go through all the motions and emotions with these candidates and then they decide not to come or you decide they aren’t quite the right fit.”
Lifeway Leadership Podcast Network