In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Chandler Vannoy are joined by Adam Weber, founder and lead pastor of Embrace Church. They discuss the following questions:
- What do your Sunday services look like in the midst of COVID?
- What were ways you were reviewing what success was during an ambiguous time?
- What are you doing in specific ministry areas?
- What’s the tension of deciding when to continue something and when to cut it?
- What is an obstacle that turned out to be a blessing throughout this process?
- How have you adapted existing staff and volunteer responsibilites to meet your current needs?
“It’s easy to forget about online services when you have a full room.”
“It’s very different to review what is happening in the room than what is happening online.”
“One of the things I loved about COVID, we found things in our staff we never knew they had as far as giftings.”
“We pride ourselves on being a really simple church and it has gotten more complex because of this.”
“Online is critical, whether you like it or not.”
“We are trying to figure out what we are going to do really, really well.”
“If there is anything you have wanted to trim, COVID is a perfect opportunity to do just that.”
“Staff discouragement has been the biggest obstacle.”
“It has been powerful to share stories more than ever. We are really trying to put stories into video and share them as much as possible.”
“We’ve challenged people to go outside the church walls and be the hands and feet of Jesus and we will put $2,000 behind you.”
“It’s amazing how good will opens up the doors to share about Jesus.”