In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Chandler Vannoy are joined by Dave Ferguson, author of Exponential, Hero Maker, and Finding Your Way Back to God. They discuss the following questions:
- What are the current government restrictions in your location?
- What does your Sunday service currently look like?
- What are you doing in each specific ministry?
- What are the biggest challenges you are facing and how are you overcoming those?
- How have you adapted existing staff and volunteer responsibilities to meet your current needs? If new roles have emerged, what are those roles and responsibilties?
“From every measure that we have our engagement is significantly up.”
“While on one hand I want us to get back together in face-to-face worship, I think there are some things we are learning and it is a season ripe for innovation and I don’t want to let that opportunity slip by either.”
“If we can continue to make sure that people are in relationships and they are taking care of each other and God is showing up, that is the most important gathering in the life of the church.”
“We have a much smaller group of people who are focused on creating our online worship experience, and a whole bunch of people focused on group life.”
“We re-organized the whole staff. We told everyone you don’t have a job description anymore, you have a mission.”
“One of the biggest challenges we are facing is keeping an eye on our finances during this time.”
“We are coming in at 87% of our budget, which is not great, but our costs are coming in at around 80% of our budget.”
“Before reproducing can happen, there has to be intimacy.”