In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins is joined by Louie Giglio, author of Not Forsaken, communicator, and founder of the Passion movement. During their conversation, they discuss the following questions:
- Why did you write Not Forsaken?
- How does this book address fatherlessness and anxiety?
- How can those who had positive relationships with their earthly dads benefit from Not Forsaken?
- When did you come to that place in your life where you understood that God, your Heavenly Father, fulfilled your need to be treasured, affirmed, accepted by your earthly father?
- What impact have you seen in Christians who fully begin to grasp who God is as their perfect Heavenly Father?
“What Jesus taught us most about God is that He is a Father.”
“The wounds that exist in our generation because of broken earthly father relationships are extremely large.”
“Identity is that ballast that keeps us upright in a crazy competitive world.”
“The invitation of Not Forsaken is the promise of living as a loved son or daughter of the King.”
“Almost everything in our culture comes down to trust.”
“My dad was speechless when I told him as a freshman in college that God was calling me to be a preacher.”
“My dad didn’t think God wanted him or loved him and I was so glad I had that spiritual family tree because from that I could send the blessing I had been getting back up my family tree to my dad.”
“Revelation is when my eyes are open to grasp how information actually changes my life.”
“I know, above all things, ultimately, my God is not going to let me fail.”
“When the Holy Spirit awakens our spirit and our spirit says, “Father,” that’s the moment I know I’m born again.”
“That born again confidence is what leads us out into the world with the hope and the light of Jesus.”
Follow along with Todd Adkins on Twitter
This Episode’s Sponsor: The Overcomer movie has inspired the creation of several resources. For small groups, there is the Overcomer Bible study. For individuals, there is a book called Defined. Both are based upon powerful insights from the Book of Ephesians. Learn more about all the resources at Lifeway.com/Overcomer