In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Daniel Im are joined by Michael Kelley, Lifeway director of Discipleship. During their conversation, they discuss the following questions:
- What have you learned from producing Bible studies for the last 13 years?
- What have you found are the most popular Bible study topics and why?
- What are some of the bug shifts happening in the church right now as it relates to discipleship?
- What are your thoughts on churches doing Growth Track?
- Discuss the 10 years of longitudinal research on discipleship.
“There is a version of a child that you are progressively becoming like as you move further and further along in your relationship with Jesus.”
“Clarity is king. When you write there’s a temptation to be clever at any cost.”
“Outlines are a helpful tool if you really want people to grasp and internalize the message.”
“As a publisher, we don’t just have an a la carte approach to the way we publish.”
“People really do find value in studying the Bible.”
“Even a non-Christian values common grace kind of wisdom.”
“Discipleship has become a nebulous term that means different things to different people.”
“All we are really doing in discipleship is trying to help someone else follow Jesus.”
“So much Christianity is a learn-by-doing model.”
“My discipleship is not only the effect of my growth, it is the means of my growth.”
“If you do just one thing, I guarantee your life will change. Just read the Bible.”
This Episode’s Sponsor: Feeling unequipped for marriage ministry? Woo Marriage is here to help. Backed by research and designed with your church in mind, Woo Marriage provides Christ-centered marriage coaching for your entire church. Get your first month free with offer code LEADERSHIP at WooMarriage.com/FreeTrial.