In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Daniel Im are joined by Shauna Pilgreen, author of Love Where You Live. During their conversation, they discuss the following questions:
- Why does it always seem like being sent is leaving where you are and going somewhere else?
- How have you and Ben helped your church learn how to live sent where they are?
- How do you resist the-grass-is-greener-on-the-other-side syndrome?
- What would you say to leaders who are trying to discern and decide whether to stay or to go?
- What would you tell your 20-year-old self about leadership?
- What does leadership look like in your home?
“God began to tell us that I can bring people in to do what you are doing here, but I don’t have enough people that are heading out into these strategic cities to start churches from scratch.”
“When I heard missionary, I heard career missionary. You were signing your life away to that.”
“Living sent has much to do with our daily engagement with where we live.”
“Living sent is not just for a certain type of people. It is the great commission call.”
“It’s teaching people to live sent today, not preparing them to do it someday.”
“We are already busy people, but we don’t forget to put our shoes on. The same is true for living sent.”
“Let’s not waste our time salivating over the grass they have, but instead walk our streets, stay in our lane, and love our people.”
“We have to learn to rest where we live.”
“Why are you wanting to go? And is God the one sending you?”
“We are making a recommitment to the people of our city and to the people we are called to serve.”
“Keep sowing. Keep learning. Treasure what God does behind the scenes when it’s just me and Him.”
“We were going from a season of being controllers to being consultants.”
This Episode’s Sponsor: With Ministry Grid’s library of over 3,000 training videos, it’s now simpler than ever to train every volunteer and leader in your church. And this is training you can trust. Each Ministry Grid video features an experienced ministry leader who has been where you are now. Learn how to get unlimited access for you and your church at MinistryGrid.com.