In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Daniel Im are joined by Brad Lomenick, past leader of Catalyst and author of H3 Leadership. During their conversation, they discuss the following questions:
- How did you go from looking like Uncle Fester to Vin Diesel?
- What should we know about the difference in Millennial and Gen Z leaders?
- You personally know people who should have been shot out of the saddle, did you notice any patterns in their lives?
- As a leader, how do I choose what conference to go to?
- When you say “hustle” what does that actually mean and what does it look like?
“From the inside out, I said that I wanted to pursue health. Spiritual health, physical health, emotional health.”
“Based on my identity now, I don’t have to struggle with the rule of what can I or can’t I eat.”
“Gen Z is risk adverse, where Millennials were risk aggressive.”
“The average Gen Z has walked through recession, terrorism, an economy that’s up and down. Everything in their world pushes them to be more conservative in general.”
“Millennials are dealing with tons of student debt. Gen Z is way more willing to look at options when it comes to education.”
“A big pattern is that they are not interested, they are trying to be interesting.”
“What is the practical piece that you want to walk away with from a conference?”
“If you are intentional today, you can learn in a lot of different categories.”
“Hustle is the outlet for your humility and your hunger.”
“So much of the hustle posture is one that says, ‘I haven’t arrived yet and I am still going to work like I’m still trying to get to the top’ even if I am.”
“Your hustle has to be about making other people the center of the story.”
Text “leadership” to 888111 to be entered into a book giveaway and be able to download an e-book right away