Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 34:50 — 47.9MB)
Subscribe: Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Daniel Im are joined by Mark Satterfield, Executive and Teaching Pastor at The Glade Church in Mount Juliet, Tenn. During their conversation, they discuss the following questions:
- How did you lead in between pastors?
- How do you keep casting vision for your volunteers? And how do you help your staff continue to cast vision for their volunteers?
- What are some ways you set up the new pastor for success, or wish you had done?
- Should you implement change during the in-between season, or should you keep the status quo?
- How would you advise a church on how to prepare for an in-between season so that it goes smoothly when it inevitably happens?
“If you’ve walked through an interim process, you’re glad to have had that experience, but when it’s over you are glad it’s over.”
“In that season, I knew what was really important was for us to communicate often and for us to communicate well.”
“You are in a season of unknowns, but that doesn’t mean you pause.”
“With staff, it was important for us to be unified.”
“We wanted to love on people well, but during an interim season that can be tough because you have an unknown factor.”
“I had key individuals inside and outside the church that I could talk to.”
“I wish we would have had more times as a staff and as a church to gather together to pray for the new pastor.”
“You want your staff to be comfortable enough to come to you and have open conversations about what their true gifting is.”
“You are on the right bus, we just need to get you in the right seat.”
“What I’m doing today is so important in terms of a hand off for tomorrow.”
“I would encourage members to lean in. And if you aren’t participating, get involved.”
Leave a Reply