In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Daniel Im are joined by Josh Patterson, Lead Pastor at The Village Church in Texas. During their conversation, they discuss the following questions:
- How do you lead high capacity leaders on your team?
- What do you look for when recruiting staff?
- How do you know what level of leadership you are best gifted for?
- You made a decision to transition your campuses to church plants. How is it going?
- You and Kevin Peck lead a strategic learning community, and have trained a lot of senior leaders. What have you found as you have trained them to be their greatest need?
“It’s different leading leaders than it is leading minions or yes people.”
“High capacity leaders want to be recognized as such. They want to have room to lead.”
“I don’t think you can grow without healthy conflict.”
“Every time you hire someone you are making a cultural decision.”
“Membership is not the same thing as employment.”
“There’s a difference between someone who can stand in the pulpit for a season and someone who can carry a pulpit.”
“It is like replanting five churches while you are flying with one church in five locations.”
“Moving from intuitive leadership to intentional leadership is often an “aha” moment for these leaders.”
“We can work with these leaders to move their churches from a model of intuition to a model of intentionality.”
“We give them tools and exercises to get it into their hands and out of their hearts. It demystifies some of it in a lot of ways.”