In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins, Eric Geiger, and Daniel Im discuss how to lead a staff retreat well. During their conversation, they answer the following questions.
- Should you do a staff retreat?
- What’s the purpose of a staff retreat?
- Who, what, where, and how long?
- What’s your worst staff retreat experience?
- How do you follow up from a staff retreat?
“Some people love staff retreats while some people hate them.”
“Not all staff retreats are created equal.”
“A big mistake is when we make a staff retreat just a long staff meeting.”
“If you are organizing a staff retreat, you have to realize that what works for you might not work for everyone else.”
“Don’t set up activities that could potentially divide your team.”
“If you don’t follow up from a staff retreat, there will be major plans discussed but no execution put to them.”
“You have to hand out responsibility after a staff retreat or else it won’t be executed.”
- 3 days, 2 nights
- Can be used Sunday – Thursday during 2018 (based on availability)
- For up to 10 church staff members
- Deluxe accommodations (based on availability)
- Continental breakfast and lunch provided
- Meeting room setup provided
- Coffee service in meeting room provided
- Additional seasonal surprises provided
- NOTE: Travel expenses to/from Ridgecrest are not included.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other event