In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins, Eric Geiger, and Daniel Im discuss adding a worship service. During this practical conversation, they answer the following questions.
- How do you know when to add a new worship service?
- How do you sell the vision?
- What are the complexities to adding a new service?
- What’s a good timeline for the change?
- When do you go multi-site instead of adding a service?
“When are 80% full, you should start looking to add another service.”
“The only people who love a full room are preachers.”
“It is not only about the attendance in your worship service. There are 3 areas you must watch: parking, kid’s space, and the worship service.”
“When any of the 3 environments of parking, kids, or the worship service is 80% full, it is time to add another service.”
“We have to be careful not to focus on the process instead of the people.”
“Christmas Eve or Easter is a great time to test out adding another service.”