In this episode of the 5 Leadership Questions podcast, Todd Adkins and Daniel Im discuss Daniel’s new book No Silver Bullets: Five Small Shifts that Will Transform Your Ministry. During their conversation, they answer the following questions.
- What does it mean to shift from destination to direction in discipleship?
- How do you move from output goals to input goals?
- What does it look like to move from a sage to a guide?
- How do you move from form to function?
- How do you move from maturity to mission?
“We lead the way we have been led unless we consciously do otherwise.”
“Just because you set up output goals that doesn’t actually mean you are going to get there.”
“The more an individual confesses their sins, the more likely they are to share their faith.”
“There is a different between faithfulness and fruitfulness. We can plant and we can water, but we can’t cause ourselves to grow.”
“Everything that you do as a church really fits into your leadership pipeline or your discipleship pathway.”
“It’s all about moving from the sage on the stage to the guide on the side.”
“We are all supposed to mature and multiply wherever we are.”
No Silver Bullets by Daniel Im
4 Disciplines of Execution by Chris McChesney
Flipping the Classroom by Daniel Im
Designed to Lead by Eric Geiger and Kevin Peck