Podcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 27:27 — 37.8MB)
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts | Google Podcasts | Stitcher | Email | RSS
- What is lateral leadership?
- When have we seen lateral leadership go well and poorly?
- How do you lead laterally without being a jerk?
- How do you allow yourself to be lead laterally without being a push-over?
- What are the practical ways you can start leading laterally right now?
“Lateral leadership is influencing people who you don’t directly oversee and those people also don’t oversee you.”
“The things that are going to make you successful at being a lateral leader are principles that also make you successful leading down and leading up.”
“Execution always fails because of a lack of coordination and communication.”
“Hire people on your team that you would enjoy spending time with.”
“If you want to lead laterally, you need to be a friend.”
“At the end of the day, lateral leadership is about getting things done across the organization.”
“If you have a poor relationship with another leader, your teams will also suffer.”